MYGEOSS third call for innovative apps in the environmental and social domains.
- Date: 09/03/2016
- Link: http://digitalearthlab.jrc.ec.europa.eu/mygeoss
Context and challenge
MYGEOSS is launching an open call for development of innovative applications (mobile or web-based) using openly available or crowd-generated data in different domains addressing citizens’ needs. The pool of open data for use includes but is not limited to the Data Collection of Open Resources for Everyone ( GEOSS Data-CORE ) made available by the Group on Earth observation (GEO) through the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS), as well as open data from EU-funded projects.
The focus of this call will be on developing applications of European relevance that will provide users with quantitative or qualitative information on the changing environment, e.g. change detection in climate, biodiversity, water bodies, coastal areas, built environment, green areas, forestry, agricultural land and crops, and atmospheric composition. Other areas of application will be considered providing they address broad environmental or social themes across geographic scales.
The best applicants will be awarded contracts by the JRC for a maximum of € 13.500 to develop the applications further, and take them to the stage of first public release within 3 months of signing the contracts. The winners will also be invited to present their applications to the GEO Plenary meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia during the week of the 9-10 November 2016. This will give visibility to the winning teams and provide opportunities for further development. Travel and daily allowance will be supported by the European Commission for 1 person from each winning team
- Launch of the call: 15 March 2016
- Deadline for submitting application concept, prototype, or user story (e.g. as document, slide presentation or video): 8 April 2016
- Selection and notification of winning applications: 22 April 2016
- Contracts with JRC signed: June 2016
- Apps delivered to JRC with documentation: 30 September 2016
- Testing by JRC and user panels: October 2016
- Presentation at GEO Plenary meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia: November 2016
For more information see http://digitalearthlab.jrc.ec.europa.eu/mygeoss