INSPIRE Maintenance and Implementation
In the INSPIRE Committee meeting on 8 April 2013, it was agreed to set up a Commission expert group called INSPIRE Maintenance and Implementation Group (MIG) with representatives of the INSPIRE national contact points. The tasks of the INSPIRE MIG shall be:
- to bring about an exchange of experience and good practice related to the implementation of the INSPIRE Directive and the Implementing Rules
- to identify and give advice about the priority issues to be addressed in the maintenance of the INSPIRE Directive, Implementing Rules and/or Technical Guidance documents
- to identify issues related to INSPIRE implementation (including, but not limited to, technologies, standards, methods, coherence across INSPIRE chapters and communication measures to be adopted) and advise the Commission on how to address them
- to prepare and regularly update the rolling work programme for INSPIRE maintenance and implementation to be agreed by the INSPIRE Committee and the Commission
The basis of the work of the MIG and its sub-groups will be a common work programme that will be based on issues and change requests submitted by INSPIRE stakeholders. The MIG was formally established and started its work in October 2013.
For more details, see
- the MIG's Terms of Reference (v8)
- the MIG's entry in the Register of Commission Expert Groups
- the MIG-T and MIG-P representatives
- the MIG collaboration space (wiki, issue tracker)
The MIG is structured in two permanent sub-groups focusing on technical (MIG-T) and policy-related (MIG-P) aspects as well as a number of temporary sub-groups focusing on specific actions defined in the maintenance and implementation work programme (MIWP).
The MIG is complemented by a pool of experts drawn from the stakeholder community. The experts in this pool will be called upon when MIG sub-groups are formed to address specific implementation or maintenance issues, but will also provide the opportunity to reach out to experts involved or interested in particular aspects of INSPIRE implementation or maintenance.
The call is open to all individuals with a high level of expertise in one or several of the aspects relevant for INSPIRE implementation and maintenance.