The INSPIRE site offers an online electronic registration to the INSPIRE stakeholder database of Spatial Data Interest Communities (SDICs) and Legally Mandated Organisations (LMOs). This e-Service offers the INSPIRE stakeholder communities the possibility to propose experts, provide reference material and project information to the INSPIRE team and to participate in stakeholder consultations on draft INSPIRE Implementing Rules.
As this processing collects and further processes personal data, Regulation
(EC) 45/2001, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000
on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data
by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data,
2. What personal information do we collect, what is the legal basis, for what purpose and through which technical means?
Web page forms can contain data fields of Data subjects such as: Title, first name and last name of person, date of birth, position, name of organization, street name and number, postal code, city, country, e-mail address, website, phone, fax, cv, preferred language, default language, fields of interest, information distribution format desired (email or not). A username and password is set up at the first registration.
Legal Basis of processing:
- The European Parliament and Council Decision of 18 Dec. 2006 on the EC 7th Research Framework Programme (FP7) (2007-2013).
- Directive 2007/2/EC of the EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 14th March 2007 establishing an Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community(INSPIRE)
- Registration and participation is on a purely voluntary basis.
Purpose of processing:
The purpose of the processing of personal data for the e-Services is to provide secure access and information exchange, management of data bases, for statistical purposes, management of communications between users and INSPIRE Team, INSPIRE Drafting Teams and Working Groups and selection of Drafting Teams and Working Groups members.
The user data are collected through web forms and stored inside a SQL database.
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
- Information gathered on the SDIC/LMOs will be published on the INSPIRE site includes contact information, including First name, last name, organization, function, work e-mail address, work mail address, work phone number, work fax number of the contact person. It can be accessed by any person in the world using the Internet or subscribing to Internet notification services.
- The composition of drafting teams and working groups will also be published, including first name, last name, organisation or country.
- Personal information gathered on other proposed experts will not be published on the site, and will be used only for the selection of drafting teams and thematic working groups. This information will be made available, via a password protected interface, to the EC INSPIRE team for the selection of experts.
- The possibility to update or erase the above personal data is only granted through User_Id / Password to a defined population of users. These users typically are: the registered owner of the data (SDIC/LMO contact point) , the Unit Head acting as controller of the processing of personal data and the webmasters of the websites or system administrators of the software used.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data is stored on the servers of JRC and underlie the Commission Decision C (2006) 3602 of 17/08/2006 “concerning the security of information systems used by the European Commission” defines IT security measures in force. Annex I defines the security requirements of EC Information Systems. Annex II defines the different actors and their responsibilities. Annex III defines the rules applicable by users. See notification DPO-1946.
5. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
Registered users have direct password-protected web access to their profile and are able to update their registration. Requests to unsubscribe from the INSPIRE Stakeholder databases should be sent to the data controller.
6. How long do we keep your data?
The data is stored for the duration of the project. Registered users have password protected direct web access to their profile and can modify their registration at any moment. A regular request to check and update the data stored is sent to the registered owner of the SDIC/LMO.
7. Contact Information.
Should you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, please contact us.
On questions relating to the protection of personal data, you can contact:
- DG JRC Data Protection Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commission’s Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
In the event of a dispute, you can send a complaint to:
- European Data Protection Supervisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
When someone browses the INSPIRE site anonymous site usage information is collected via various technical means. The usage of the site is recorded in log files. These files contain no personal information, nor information about which other sites the visitor has browsed. They allow the JRC to improve the service by knowing its usage, and are processed anonymously.