Development, maintenance and promotion of the use of:
• an XML-based standard for the exchange of digital soil data;
• a minimum dataset for site identification and a minimum dataset for monitoring purposes, (including dataset modeling);
• a tool for quality control of datasets;
• data specifications (incl. the development of key definitions);
• information models (e.g. IM Measurements (UML), based on the OGC standard Observations and Measurements).
Cross-sector integration of data-exchange, and active participation in the development of a new ISO standard on the exchange of digital soil data.
The standard for the exchange of digital soil data, mentioned under ‘Main activities’ above, has been in active operation since 2002. Data have been exchanged through this standard since then by all parties mentioned under ‘Membership’ above and others. The volume of exchanged data is increasing every year.