Coordination Structure & Progress:
- The Ministry of the Environment is the responsible body for the implementation of the INSPIRE directive in Sweden. The Ministry has representatives in the INSPIRE committee.
- The national implementation of the INSPIRE Directive is coordinated by Lantmäteriet, which is governed by the Ministry of Finance. Lantmäteriet is the Swedish National Contact Point and has representatives in MIG-T, MIG and the INSPIRE committee.
- The Geodata Advisory Board supports Lantmäteriet on issues of national interests as related to the Swedish NSDI and the implementation of the INSPIRE directive. The Geodata Advisory is appointed by the Swedish Government.
- There are two main working groups;
- the INSPIRE work group which is an information network with representatives from data-responsible authorities
- the Technical forum which is similar to the INSPIRE work group but with focus on technical (IT-related) issues
- The Nordic countries cooperate and coordinate in an informal network (INSPIRE Nordic Network) with focus on cross-border activities and knowledge exchange on INSPIRE implementation issues in respective country.