Webinar on Spatial Data on the Web and INSPIRE
The webinar was held on Tuesday 27th February 2-3 pm (CET) and illustrated the findings of an analysis of the Data on the Web and Spatial Data on the Web Best Practice documents from the perspective of INSPIRE. It also demonstrated the ldproxy tool, which takes OGC Web Feature Services (one form of Download Service used in INSPIRE) and shares the data via a modern Web API, offering a resource for mainstream ICT development. In addition, content is displayed as hyperlinked webpages for use in a browser and indexing by search engines.
- Spatial Data on the Web Tools and guidance for data providers (presentation)
- ELISE report: Spatial Data on the Web tools and guidance for data providers
- W3C "Data on the Web" Best Practices
- W3C "Spatial Data on the Web" Best Practices
- ldproxy (tool)
- OGC WFS 3.0 project on Github
A second webinar will be held on Thursday 1 March 2-3 pm (CET) and explores how users are interacting with dataset metadata and providing their views on it, including issues of data quality and data usage.
Details are available on the webinar event page.