European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

ProductionFacility Extension

Christian ANSORGE
By Christian ANSORGE Replies (3)

Dear colleagues,

We are currently discussing a possible extension of the ProductionFacility model and identified an issue to which I would like to get your opinion.

Problem: 

In our use case we can have overlapping sites and productionInstallation(Part) belonging to more than just 1 productionSite. The reason for this is that an IED site can in practice include 1..* ePRTR sites.

After quick discussion we came up with this solution. I am posting this here because I would like to check with you if this way is still a valid extension of the INSPIRE model? We are using Inheritance to create the productionSiteExtension feature type and by an association to ProductionFacilities we are bypassing the multiplicity constraint. The ProductionFacilities will be used as linking element (bridge between Site and Installation, now with changed multiplicity) only as the concept isn't part of the ePRTR or IED reporting so far.

I drafted the approach (sorry for the low-tech version) below. Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Cheers
Chris

• Stefania MORRONE

By Stefania MORRONE

Hi Chris,

if you want the ProductionFacility to be linked to more than one ProductionSite, you should extend the ProductionFacility ft. 

• Stefania MORRONE

By Stefania MORRONE

This would be a valid extension of the INSPIRE model because, in accordance to what stated in Annex F of the INSPIRE Generic Conceptual model, your extension 

• does not change anything in the INSPIRE data specification
    • adds a new application schema importing the INSPIRE one
    • adds a new feature type and new association  in your own application schema 

Cheers

Stefania

• Christian ANSORGE

By Christian ANSORGE

Dear Stefania,

Thanks! I saw the mistake in my proposal and you are right. Makes sense to inherit the feature type which multiplicity (toward another feature type) actually changes. 

Cheers

Chris

Facilities & Utilities, Public Services

Facilities & Utilities, Public Services

Covers a broad set of facilities, installations, networks and constructions supporting economic activities and public services