European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

recommended symbol for building raw materials

Uffe LARSEN
By Uffe LARSEN Replies (4)

Hi

I am fiddling with a view service for sand and gravel deposits and I wonder which symbol to use.

Do you know of any recommendations ?  In the old versions of the data specification the symbol for “Building raw materials, dimension stones” was a purple hexangone but it has disappeared in the newest specification.

Uffe Larsen

• Jouni VUOLLO

Hi Uffe!

You are right - the older version of document had that symbol - dated 2013-02-05! 

• ​​11.3.10. should be "Building raw materials, dimension stones​" and the symbology a "purple hexangone"

​And as John replay - now there is a text "To be provided"

• John LAXTON

Hi Jouni,

Are you sure you are looking at the latest version (v3.0) of the specification? In this version there aren't any duplicated titles that I can see but section 11.3.1 'Styles for the layer MR.Mine' and section 11.3.2.10 '...building raw materials, dimension stones' both say 'To be provided'.

John

• Jouni VUOLLO

Hi John!

You rise up another question - we don't have any styles for Mines - 11.3.1 'Styles for the layer MR.Mine' - there is a text as you said 'To be provided'. These styles will be need to build up Minerals4EU services!

• James PASSMORE

By James PASSMORE

What if your data isn't a point but a polygon, is the intention that the polygon has some repeated pattern of purple hexagons?

Secondly is there any recommended RGB value for purple; is it one of the following (for example):

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/purple-color.htm

Earth Science

Earth Science

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate with INSPIRE Earth Science Cluster for Geology, Soils, Natural Risk Zones, Mineral resources, and Energy resources