European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

SDMX aggregation function

I discussed with colleagues on the SDMX aggregation/subsetting issue as outlined in the cluster meeting at the INSPIRE conference 2017.

In general the VTL (Validation and Transformation Language) would be able to perform sub setting and aggregating. Version 1.1. is currently in the final phase - see https://sdmx.org/?page_id=5096. Looks like they are several ways to address the issue. 

• Katharina SCHLEIDT

By Katharina SCHLEIDT

aggregation/subsetting would be beautiful, quite like what is described for SDMX

My only worry is how to link SDMX to spatial technologies; to my understanding the spatial aspect is just a further classification axis - how could one make this consumable via spatial tools?

• Hannes REUTER

In my understanding the OGC standard TJS would be one of the options for that.

• Bresters PIETER

By Bresters PIETER

Sorry for my late reaction, but I agree with Hannes. ELF has shown how SDMX Health statistics files were joined with nuts regions.

Statistics & Health

Statistics & Health

Join this group if you would like to share knowledge or ask questions regarding the INSPIRE implementation of Statistical Units [SU], Population Distribution (Demography) [PD] or Human Health and Safety [HH] data themes