European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Correction of the schema http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/pd/4.0/PopulationDistributionDemography.xsd and http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/su-core/4.0/StatisticalUnitCore.xsd

Enrico Iredi
By Enrico Iredi Replies (3)

Something does not fit in the StatisticalUnitCore.xsd (cvc-elt.2: The value of {abstract} in the element declaration for 'su-core:StatisticalUnit' must be false; cvc-type.2: The type definition cannot be abstract for element su-core:StatisticalUnit). And in the PopulationDistributionDemography.xsd something is wrong with the element name = "measurementUnit" type = "gml: UnitOfMeasureType" (following properties of the feature have an empty value: measurementUnit). So I had to fix the schemas to create a valid StatisticalDistribution.gml. 

• Lars Erik STORGAARD

By Lars Erik STORGAARD

Hi Enrico.

I have some problems in creating a GML valid PD-file. My problem is related to your findings - measurementUnit and the ETF Validator respons that there is an empty value.

Are you able to share your fix schema? I would like to find some new ways in how to get futher on.

Thanks!

Lars

• Bresters PIETER

By Bresters PIETER

Hi Enrico and Lars Erik,

I think it does not make any sense to try and create a GML for PD and HH. No one will use it.

Create your download service with SDMX and create your view service by converting the SDMX to CSV, join it to SU and publish the view service with  a nice style on the basis of the joined attributes.

Best regards,

Pieter

• Mirosław MIGACZ

By Mirosław MIGACZ

Hi all,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that SDMX will be sufficient for INSPIRE but I think this is not official yet. Eurostat and JRC seem to be testing it still.

Cheers,

Miro

Statistics & Health

Statistics & Health

Join this group if you would like to share knowledge or ask questions regarding the INSPIRE implementation of Statistical Units [SU], Population Distribution (Demography) [PD] or Human Health and Safety [HH] data themes