European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Dimensioning Indication

Andrej ABRAMIC
By Andrej ABRAMIC Replies (3)

Dear all, 

I am trying to understand Planned Land Use conceptual data model, and one of the attributes is very difficult to understand what is it for.  The Data specs. do not provide explanation or I did not find it. Attribute is DimensioningIndication, it is included in two features, ZoningElement and SupplementaryRegulation, it is voidble and data type. Perfect. Technically it is not a problem to fill this value, but what is it for? 

Thank you in advance, 

Andrej 

• Enrico Iredi

Hello Andrej,

not an expert, but I think the dimensioningIndication attribute includes binding planning specifications. For example: Height dimensions for buildings, Maximum number of apartments in residential buildings, building types...

xsd description:

ZoningElement - -- dimensioningIndication Definition -- Specifications about the dimensioning that are added to the dimensioning of the zoning elements that overlap the geometry of the supplementary regulation.

SupplementaryRegulation – dimensioningIndication Definition -- Specifications about the dimensioning of the urban developments.”

Best regards

Enrico

• Andrej ABRAMIC

By Andrej ABRAMIC

Hi Enrico, 

just saw your post. Thank you for explanation, it fits. Would be nice if someone can point an example to see how is encoded, as complex data type. 

Best, 

Andrej  

• Enrico Iredi

Hello Andrej,

here you can find an example with many 'plu:dimensioningIndication' values.

https://themes.jrc.ec.europa.eu/file/view/229340/gml-example-plannedlanduse-plu

All the best

Enrico

Land Cover & Use

Land Cover & Use

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Land Cover and Land Use themes