European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Usage of INSPIRE WFS 2.0 in GIS-Software

Is there any tutorial on usage of INSPIRE WFS 2.0 services in GIS software published?

It would be nice to have an ideal workflow which plugins (for example QGIS GML Application Schema Toolbox) have to be used in QGIS 3.x in order to connect a service (with credentials) and analyse underline data (for example Transport Networks or Hydrography)?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Stefania MORRONE

By Stefania MORRONE

Dear Dejan,

I could not find any step by step tutorial, but I can share the few steps allowing me to use INSPIRE WFS 2.0 data in QGIS (currently I am using 3.4.2, but I guess the same workflow applies to all v3.x).

Consider that currently:

• Visualisation of GML complex properties is possible only using the 'GML Application Schema toolbox' plugin OR setting  the ‘GML_ATTRIBUTES_TO_OGR_FIELDS=YES’ in the QGIS System Options (overwrite the relevant environment variable);
    • Adding a WFS layer via data source manager does not work in case of WFS 2.0 serving INSPIRE data (GML complex properties).

As far as I know, the only solution to consume INSPIRE WFS 2.0 in QGIS is using the GML Application Schema toolbox.

WORKFLOW

in the Load wizard,

1. select WFS source
    2. edit a new connection (you can as well specify authentication parameters)
    3. select the desired feature type from the list of served layers,
    4. select the loading option you desire (both the XML and  the relational mode options work) … and you are done …

Hope this helps

Stefania

• Stefania MORRONE

By Stefania MORRONE

Example uses WFS discovered in the INSPIRE Geoportal ...

Stefania