European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Minimum Features

Janos Schäfer
By Janos Schäfer Replies (1)

Is there any page in the technical guidance pdf where the absolute required feature types are stated ? Case: Your source data can only provide information to generate SoilDerivedObject, OM_Observation and Process chapter 7.2 and 7.3 say "No minimum data quality recommendations are defined for the spatial data theme Soil." But I am not sure if that even addresses my concern. Kind regards János

• Katharina SCHLEIDT

By Katharina SCHLEIDT

Hi János,

The data quality you refer to in chapters 7.2 and 7.3 of the soil dataspec pertain to the metadata; the soil dataspec does not require provision of specific information on the data quality of the soil dataset being provided.

As for what feature types are to be provided, this depends on what data is available in your institution that pertain to the feature types in the IRs (and dataspecs). To my understanding, this all comes down to Article 4 of the core INSPIRE Directive

:)

Kathi

Earth Science

Earth Science

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate with INSPIRE Earth Science Cluster for Geology, Soils, Natural Risk Zones, Mineral resources, and Energy resources