European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Total number of floors

Dear all,

in data Specification for Buildings, there are two ways of evidence of number of floors. First one is via attribute numberOfFloorsAboveGround, second is numberOfFloorsBelowGround

Problem is, that in our databases there is no information about floors being above or below ground, we only have simple attribute numberOfFloors.

We are forced to nil both attributes. Do you have any idea how to distribute information about number of floors without information about it being above or below ground?

Best regards,

Michal Med

• Giuseppe Procino

By Giuseppe Procino

Hi Michal,

my opinion is  that numberOfFloorsAboveGround is always the numberOfFloors of a building.

Best regards,

Giuseppe

• Michal MED

So in case when I have some business center with 4 floors above ground level including ground floor, one floor under the ground level and two levels of underground parking, I just write that building has 7 floorsAboveGround?

I don't think so. In the specification is clearly written:

NumberOfFloorsAboveGround attribute description

• Giuseppe Procino

By Giuseppe Procino

In general when I talk about number of building I refer to number of floor above the ground. If you have a number of floor that include the number of floor under the ground you can't use the numberOfFloorsAboveGround and numberOfFloorsUnderGround if you haven't the detail of number of floor above/under the floor and you can't fill numberOfFloorsAboveGround attribute with number of floor too.

• Michal MED

This is why am I asking what to do with it wink

• Giuseppe Procino

By Giuseppe Procino

Ok, I'm sorry. wink