European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Mistake (typo) in the Implementation Rules regarding Land Cover?

Hi,

There seems to be a mistake (typo) in the Implementation Rules (Commission Regulation (EU) No 1253/2013) regarding Land Cover, more precisely in the theme-specific requirements:

”2.6. Theme-specific Requirements

If an onlineDescription attribute is provided for a LandCoverNomenclature data type, the referenced online description shall define, for each class, at least a code, a name, a definition and a RGB value to be used for portrayal. If the online description describes the nomenclature for a LandCoverGridCoverage object, an integer grid code shall also be provided for each class. This code shall be used in the range of the LandCoverGridCoverage to represent the corresponding class.”

However, there is not an attribute called onlineDescription in the Land Cover Nomenclature data type in the Implementation Rules. The onlineDescription is not described in version 3.0 of the Land Cover Data Specification either. It is only included in the reference to the IR on page 27. The onlineDscription is described in version 2.0 of the DS. In version 3.0 and in the Implementation Rules the same attribute is referred to as externalDescription.

It seems pretty obvious that the attribute these theme-specific requirements should be pointing at in the Implementation Rules and v. 3.0 of the DS should be pointing at is externalDescription and not onlineDescription, but could you please confirm this to me anyway, so that I can take this issue further?

Thanks,

Lena

• Lena Hallin-Pihlatie

By Lena Hallin-Pihlatie

Dear all,

Could someone please confirm that this is a typo? That is, that the theme-specifice requirement on Land Cover should not be pointing at the onlineDescription attribute (as such does not exist), but instead on the externalDescription attribute.

I'd also like to question and discuss the contents of this particular theme-specific requirement, but I'd like to get a confirmation for this typo first.

Thanks,

Lena

• Lena Hallin-Pihlatie

By Lena Hallin-Pihlatie

Hi,

I am going to propose to MIG that 'onlineDescription' will be replaced by the 'externalDescription' attribute.

Objections anyone?

Lena

This discussion is closed.

This discussion is closed and is not accepting new comments.

Land Cover & Use

Land Cover & Use

Join this group to share your knowledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Land Cover and Land Use themes