European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Population distribution, xml validation failed

Hi,

When using Hale

for  the xml validation process of my population distribution file , I got an error message and going back to the window showing the transformed file, there is a warning triangle which says " .statisticaldistributionype value.statisticalvalue.dimension.dimensions.spatial.statisticalunit : abstact flag : the type of instance (statistical unit) is abstract".

How can I get rid of the problem?

Thank you

Pierre Jamagne

• Simon TEMPLER

Hi Pierre,

my guess is that you are using StatisticalUnit for describing the spatial dimensions of a statistical value. But StatisticalUnit is abstract. You need to use one of the concrete implementations from the Vector Statistical Units or Gridded Statistical Units.
    If none of them are available to you in HALE, it means that you need to use a combined target schema, including all the application schemas you need.
    For example, find here a combined schema of Population Distribution and Statistical Units Vector.

You can also use the INSPIRE Interactive Data Specifications to generate a HALE project template with a target schema including all relevant application schemas and feature types. Just add all relevant feature types to your favorites there (for instance Statistical Distribution and Area Statistical Unit) - you will find the option to generate a HALE project (or matching table, etc.) at the bottom of the page.
    See http://inspire-regadmin.jrc.ec.europa.eu/dataspecification/Favorites.action

Best,
    Simon

This discussion is closed.

This discussion is closed and is not accepting new comments.

Statistics & Health

Statistics & Health

Join this group if you would like to share knowledge or ask questions regarding the INSPIRE implementation of Statistical Units [SU], Population Distribution (Demography) [PD] or Human Health and Safety [HH] data themes