European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Metadata on Population distribution theme

Hi,

Did anyone succeed in editing metadata 100 % compliant for the theme population distribution. I could get 94 % compliancy according to the Inspire metadata validator ?The missing % are due to the missing coordinate reference system. I would like to know which tool to use to get 100 % compliancy.

Thank you

P Jamagne

• Mirosław MIGACZ

By Mirosław MIGACZ

Dear Pierre,

In the INSPIRE Directive "Spatial data" is defined as "any data with direct or indirect reference to location or geographic area". Therefore even though your PD dataset does not contain geometry for statistical values, I guess you can put in the metadata the coordinate reference system of the SU dataset your PD dataset is referring to by thematic identifiers.

Regards,

Mirosław

• Pierre JAMAGNE

By Pierre JAMAGNE

Hi Miroslaw,

In the latest data model, you have to bring the geometry of the envelope. So I did mention the crs of the envelope geometry

Thank you

P Jamagne

• Mirosław MIGACZ

By Mirosław MIGACZ

That was my second idea for solving this issue. I assume the envelope (areaOfDissemination) has in your case the same CRS as the statistical units your PD data is referring to?

• Pierre JAMAGNE

By Pierre JAMAGNE

Hi,

The area of dissemination has been recorded in ETRS89_LAEA, so That is the crs I mentioned in the metadata

PJamagne

• Mirosław MIGACZ

By Mirosław MIGACZ

Hi,

Great! Would you mind sharing an example GML of your harmonized PD data in the files section of the Population Distribution subgroup: https://themes.jrc.ec.europa.eu/file/group/1772/all ?

Thanks,

Mirosław

• Pierre JAMAGNE

By Pierre JAMAGNE

Ok,

This discussion is closed.

This discussion is closed and is not accepting new comments.

Statistics & Health

Statistics & Health

Join this group if you would like to share knowledge or ask questions regarding the INSPIRE implementation of Statistical Units [SU], Population Distribution (Demography) [PD] or Human Health and Safety [HH] data themes