European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

OI result in QGIS

Un fortunatelly, QGIS is not available to recognize all INSPIRE GML labels

• Jürgen WEICHAND
    Jürgen WEICHAND

Dear Julián,

thanks for sharing your example.

QGIS is using the GDAL/OGR GML driver to load the GML file. The GML driver has some „hidden“ config options like „convert GML attributes to fields“ or „resolve elements“ .

Please have a look at: http://www.gdal.org/drv_gml.html

Currently they can't easily be used from QGIS-GUI. For instance, I've integrated them into the WFS 2.0 Plugin.

You can also use a custom .gfs file to alter the name and types of the fields.

https://github.com/JuergenWeichand/inspire-ogr-testbed/blob/master/gfs/annex2/oi-OrthoimageCoverage.gfs

Please also have a look at the attached screenshot. This is your GML file loaded using the Python console with the previous explained features.

Best regards,

Jürgen

• Jürgen WEICHAND
    Jürgen WEICHAND

I made a simple QGIS Plugin for further testing.  
    http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/gmlloader/

1. Install the Plugin "GML Loader" using the QGIS Plugin Manager. Be sure to enable ,,display Experimental Plugins" first. You will find the plugin under ,,Vector / GML Loader".

2. Download the oi-OrthoimageCoverage.gfs file.

3. Open the .gfs and the .gml file.

Your comment is highly appreciated.

• Julián DELGADO
    Julián DELGADO

Dear Jürgen,

I tested the plugin and it works very good. I see that generates a copied 'resolved' gml, am I right?. The gfs file is applied to all gml files that you upload after the plugin installation or only opened with the plugin?

Best regards

Julián

• Jürgen WEICHAND
    Jürgen WEICHAND

Hi Julián,

if you've chosen the "Resolve elements" option the '.resolved.gml' will be generated from OGR. This file contains the joined features (resolved references).

The selected .gfs will only be applied to the selected .gml file.

Best regards
    Jürgen

• Julián DELGADO
    Julián DELGADO

Hi Jürgen, yes, you're right, many thanks.

Best regards

Julián

• Jürgen WEICHAND
    Jürgen WEICHAND

Hi Julián,

I've just released the 'Complex GML Info' plugin for QGIS with a completely different approach. This plugin is able to show the properties of the feature as hierarchical tree. Also the xlink:href references from the OrthoimageCoverage to the AggregatedMosaicElement will be solved.

QGIS Complex GML Info Plugin

Screenshot OI

Usage

1.     Install the plugin using the QGIS Plugin Manager. Be sure to enable "display experimental plugins" first.
    2.     Load a GML file (no additional plugin or .gfs required).
    3.     Select on or more features using the default selection tool. They will be highlighted yellow.
    4.     Click on the QGIS Complex GML Info icon  button.

Your comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards
    Jürgen

1. Julián DELGADO
      Julián DELGADO

Dear Jürgen, very good!

Now we can see in tree-shape the content of the GML. I think it will help too much for seeing INSPIRE data.

My best regards

Julián

2. Mario PALACIOS
      Mario PALACIOS

Dear Jürgen, ambitious work you have done!

I am testing some gml  with INSPIRE structure data with qgis 2.12.3 and window7 downloaded by the munucipality basedate. No troubles importing it and using the plug in you regard above.

Now my goal is, editing the gml data, the possibility to export with the same INSPIRE cadastral parcel scheme.

There is a tool that can be advantaged for it?

Greetings

Mario

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

INSPIRE Thematic Cluster Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems, Geographical grids - Join this group to share your knowkledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems and Geographical grids themes