European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

GML Example Species Distribution (sd)

GML file for deegree valid, but not etf valid.

Because I only want to have references to the sd:SpeciesDistributionUnit in the sd:SpeciesDistributionDataSet. I dont want built-in sd:SpeciesDistributionUnit-objects.

• Stefania MORRONE
    Stefania MORRONE

Dear Enrico,

thank you for providing this useful example.

Regarding the references to the SpeciesDistributionUnits in the SpeciesDistributionDataSet, you don't need to use the embedded description. Be aware that in the <sd:member> you could also reference the units by means of internal links - i.e.  using their gml:id . No need to re-describe the units.

The external reference should be encoded like this:

<sd:member xlink:href="#SpeciesDistributionUnit_5ea392c3b56b4e32601b145e4688f730b41f728314df3094b3549d704a93cee2"</sd:member>.

Hope this helps (saving time and reducing file size)

Stefania

• Enrico Iredi
    Enrico Iredi
    Hello Stefania,

yes, with the notation <sd: member xlink: href = "# SpeciesDistributionUnit _... ></sd: member> the gml file is etf valid, but then deegree can't resolve the references to the SpeciesDistributionUnit objects.

Best regards
    Enrico

• Stefania MORRONE
    Stefania MORRONE

Dear Enrico,

what deegree version are you using? 

In my experience, deegree (at least from v 3.3.18 onwards) is able to transform the internal '#' references in 'GetFeatureById' queries ...

Kind regards,

Stefania

• Enrico Iredi
    Enrico Iredi

Hi Stefania,

deegree is fine. Bad is the SpeciesDistribution.xsd I think. At this place I need a type="gml:ReferenceType" and not a type="sd:SpeciesDistributionUnitPropertyType". Then deegree can resolve the references to the SpeciesDistributionUnit objects (<sd: member xlink: href = "# SpeciesDistributionUnit _... ></sd: member>) and the gml is etf valid.

Enrico

Biodiversity & Area Management

Biodiversity & Area Management

If themes like Protected Sites, Area Management/Restriction/Regulation Zones and Reporting Units, Habitats and Biotopes, Species Distribution, Bio-geographical Regions matters to you, join these groups!