European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Modified Julian EL GML encoding example

Example valid for EL ElevationGridCoverage, for discussion

• Julián DELGADO
    Julián DELGADO

Dear Emmanuel, thanks

I'm not an expert on GML files, but I don't see in your modification a <FeatureCollection> element, shoul it always required? and <gml:boundedBy> is inside of INSPIRE EL coverage definition, this attribute is not declared in the XSD file, doesn't it stay outside?

I could understand that you modified manually the example, rigth?

My best regards

• Emmanuel DEVYS
    Emmanuel DEVYS

Dear Julian

the only thing that I did on your EL GML encoding example (PNOAtoINSPIRE-EL) was trying to quickly achive an xml file that may validate, at minimum with the EL GridCoverage schema.

I did the minimum set of corresponding changes / edits by hand under XMLspy.

About the <gml:boundedBy> element, I am not sure to have understood your question, this element may be present for any GML feature, so also for a Coverage element, here the ElevationGridCoverage element.

For the inclusion inside a <FeatureCollection> element, I have no issue against this. I simply tried to quickly achieve a document that could be validated (for an ElevationGridCoverage component), so the fastest was to suppress this level in the document I uploaded.

Hoping this clarifies

Best regards

Emmanuel

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

INSPIRE Thematic Cluster Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems, Geographical grids - Join this group to share your knowkledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems and Geographical grids themes