European Commission logo
INSPIRE Community Forum

Elevation grid coverage - GMLCOV Example implementation (IGN-Spain)

• Jukka RAHKONEN
    Jukka RAHKONEN

Is the following part of the example correct? By reading http://xml.fmi.fi/namespace/woml/swo/2011/11/15/index931.html#id1656 it looks like EX_GeographicBoundingBox should be in WGS84 decimal degrees.

<gmd:EX_Extent>
                        <gmd:geographicElement>
                            <gmd:EX_GeographicBoundingBox>
                                <gmd:westBoundLongitude>
                                    <gco:Decimal>3251419.7326925392</gco:Decimal>
                                </gmd:westBoundLongitude>
                                <gmd:eastBoundLongitude>
                                    <gco:Decimal>3281966.5051610358</gco:Decimal>
                                </gmd:eastBoundLongitude>
                                <gmd:southBoundLatitude>
                                    <gco:Decimal>2317873.9565493381</gco:Decimal>
                                </gmd:southBoundLatitude>
                                <gmd:northBoundLatitude>
                                    <gco:Decimal>2341655.6690651039</gco:Decimal>
                                </gmd:northBoundLatitude>
                            </gmd:EX_GeographicBoundingBox>
                        </gmd:geographicElement>
                    </gmd:EX_Extent>

• Jordi ESCRIU
    Jordi ESCRIU

Dear Jukka,

You are probably right. We will look at it as part of the testing of the example, since MIWP-14 has accepted to inclde it as part of the TG on EL (with the appropriate testing).

Would it be a good idea to test it in MIWP-7b MIG-T subgroup?

Jordi

• Peter BAUMANN
    Peter BAUMANN

Hi all,

hm, in this XML snippet above I cannot see anything that reminds me of a coverage. Am I missing something?

-Peter

• Jordi ESCRIU
    Jordi ESCRIU

In the example, the values of the coverage are returned by a WCS service, within the gml:rangeParameters using xlink (inside gml:File).

This was checked by Alex after the workshop in Barcelona.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Jordi

• Jordi ESCRIU
    Jordi ESCRIU

Jukka, Peter:

I realized you were looking at an older example.

The final example which is being proposed to be included in the EL technical guidelines (after appropriate testing) is here:

https://themes.jrc.ec.europa.eu/file/view/59232/example-elevation-grid-coverages-single-coverage-tested-final

You can find the summary in the following page:

https://themes.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pages/view/60561/provide-an-elevationgridcoverage-encoding-example-and-guidelines-for-identifying-the-vertical-crs

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

Elevation, Ortho & Grids

INSPIRE Thematic Cluster Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems, Geographical grids - Join this group to share your knowkledge, learn and collaborate in solving issues related to the Elevation, Orthoimagery, Reference systems and Geographical grids themes