In order to maintain a friendly and pleasant atmosphere on the INSPIRE Knowledge Base and subsites we have implemented some basic rules of conduct, which may be updated by us from time to time.
All visitors who participate and use any of the INSPIRE Knowledge Base and subsites are expected to read and agree with these rules and policies and to not break any of them.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the guidelines:
The following are deemed to constitute inappropriate content. Posting such content may result in account suspension or banning as well as the removal of the offending posts:
- Posts or images of a defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane or threatening nature. This includes any messages or material ethnically, racially, religiously or sexually offensive, insulting or demeaning.
- Posts or images that violate any laws or regulations.
- Explicit advertising of products or services without our prior consent or the adequate context (i.e. in the case of a thread discussing Tools & Technology).
- Registering to solely post/endorse/promote for your own personal gain.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and movie piracy and other intellectual property infringement.
- Posting your or other people's personal contact information (i.e. telephone numbers, addresses etc) on any publicly viewable forums.
- Anything else deemed inappropriate by us.
- Links to any of the above.
Expected behaviour of members and suggestions for better posting:
- Keep all contributions within the appropriate community area of interest.
- Use short and concise titles when posting documents or blog entries.
- Please make an effort to communicate yourself as clearly as possible.
- Refrain from using foul or offensive language.
- All content posted by users express the views of the author, and the INSPIRE Knowledge Base and subsites will not be held responsible for any message.
- Treat all other INSPIRE Knowledge Base and subsites members in a respectful and courteous manner at all times, even in the event of disagreements.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure the INSPIRE Knowledge Base and subsites are not disrupted or abused in any way.
Report a Rule Infraction
If you feel a fellow INSPIRE Knowledge Base member breaks the portal’s policies and rules of conduct, please report it through the feedback tools.
We reserve the right to close or ban, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without previous notice as we deem necessary. Should you feel you have been treated unfairly by us, you may appeal directly to us. When contacting us, please provide the email address you used to sign up. We do not discuss the suspension of portal members with the general public.
The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright notice and rules related to personal data protection, in line with the general legal notice in force of the European Commission portal.