Principles for Data and Metadata Harmonisation according to INSPIRE
This self-learning module gives an overview of the principles of interoperability and harmonisation in INSPIRE.
It provides the legal background of the INSPIRE data and metadata harmonisation and outlines the
INSPIRE Data and Metadata Harmonisation steps. It explains also how the INSPIRE Validator (ETF) works and highlights the building blocks of an INSPIRE Spatial Data Infrastructure.
- Interoperability and Harmonisation in INSPIRE
- INSPIRE Data and Metadata harmonisation
- The INSPIRE Validator tool
- INSPIRE Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI)
After the module, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the principles of interoperability and harmonisation in INSPIRE
- Recognise the legal background of INSPIRE data and metadata harmonisation
- Explain the INSPIRE Data and Metadata Harmonisation steps
- Understand how the INSPIRE Validator (ETF) works
- Recognise the building blocks of the INSPIRE SDIs
GIS and ICT professionals, who aim to understand the principles of an INSPIRE harmonization. Nontechnical staff belonging to organizations aiming to implement INSPIRE.
HTML presentation. The module is a self-learning module.
This is a new module created on November 2020.
Authors: Giacomo Martirano, Stefania Morrone (EPSILON ITALIA). The material is provided under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License